Sunday, September 15, 2013

You Can't Get On

As a songwriter, and that's what I consider myself first and foremost, there is always a period of nothingness, where the little spark that turns into a song just doesn't manifest.  For a year now I have been "all dried up" I don't know what changed, I never do really but there you have it...woke up with an idea and the song followed and I am so thrilled, I miss writing it's my passion and it's my thing. I hope there is more to come I would LOVE to do a bluesy folky kind of album, it may be one song or It may be the dry spell is over.  Either way I decided to post the lyrics before the song is out of the gate...this is "You Can't Get On".

Sometimes you need to shut your mouth, to keep your pain from jumping out. Nobody cares, nobody sees what drops your body to it's knees. There's nothing there for them to say we all dry up and blow away. You drew a circle in the air, you danced around the invisible band, you shot the bad guy in the end and all the people clapped their hands. Inside your mind is where it all goes down, the good the bad the fear of clowns, the apple falling from the tree, the ghost of who you meant to be.

     (Chorus) And when it's gone it's so far gone, you lost your mind, I lost my song. And when we meet it just feels cold, is that the way it's s'possed to be, or did your demons swollow me? What made you good then made you fall. What made you laugh before you cried? What made you think that you should die?

You are forever standing still, when all that moves me moves me deep. Tomorrow's not another day, tomorrow's blend with yesterday's. But yesterday it never comes you keep talking to yourself, about the past that's all burned down, you can't get on you can't get on. You paint your pictures on the wall, nobody told you it was gone, the walls around you all broke down and somehow still you can't get on.

     *And When it's gone it's so far gone, you lost your mind, I lost my song. And when we meet it's just so cold, is that the way it's s'possed to be, or did my demon's swollow me? What made you good's what made you fall. What made you laugh then made you cry? And in the end I need to know...what made you think that you should die?

No comments: